Scientific Name: Thymus vulgarisis
Thyme was known as a medicinal plant from the early civilizations of the Mediterranean basin. Thyme essential oil was used by ancient Greeks to ward off infections.
Thymus vulgarisis is one of the most antiseptic of essential oils. Thyme oil contains thymol, which as been studied for its effect on gingivitis. Thyme essential oils has been used in mouthwashes and toothpastes and as a powerful antiseptic. It also has a very high antioxidant rating.
Thyme Oil Benefits
- Strong antiseptic, antibacterial. Studies shows thyme destroys Staph and many other bacteria. Has antiviral properties. Has been used as a disinfectant for skin, wounds and for cleaning surfaces.
- Immune support. Stimulates production of white corpuscles and supports formation of white blood cells.
- Digestive support. Has been used as an intestinal antiseptic and for infections of the bladder, urinary tract and gastric infections. Has been used as a digestive stimulant for sluggish digestive systems.
- Scalp support. Has been used for dandruff and hair loss and for its conditioning properties to de-tangle hair.
- Stimulant. Stimulates the circulations, raises blood pressure, stimulates sluggish menstruation and stimulates appetite during recovery from illness. Has been used for fatigue and lethargy.
- Athlete’s foot. Has been applied undiluted topically on the foot.
Thyme Essential Oil Use
- Topical. Thyme oil is usually diluted in a carrier oil for use on the skin.
- Bath. Can be added to bath salts for its stimulating effects.
- Other. Thyme oil can be added to disinfectant recipes.
Not for children under 6 years old. Use diluted for older children. Can be ‘hot’ and somewhat irritating to the mucous membranes and skin. Use responsibly and consciously. Always test a small amount of any essential oil first for sensitivity or allergic reaction. If you are pregnant or have a medical condition, consult a physician (preferably one knowledgeable in holistic health and/or aromatherapy).
10mL bottle. Prices subject to change without notice.
Why Be Young Essential Oils
All Be Young essential oils are 100% pure, therapeutic quality, E.O.B.B.D. tested oils that are wild-crafted or organic sourced whenever possible. Their oils are NEVER diluted or extended, offering you more value and versatility. Be Young offers both member pricing (free to join) and retail pricing.
Note: This information is for educational purposes only, and it is not guaranteed to be complete.