Scientific Name: Rosmarinus officinalis
One of the oldest documented herbs, rosemary oil is distilled from the flowering tops of the plant. Rosemary has a long history of use for medicinal and culinary purposes. When Egyptian tombs were opened, Rosemary oil was found in them and was said to have been buried as a symbol of regeneration.
Therapeutic rosemary essential oil (Rosmarinus officinalis) from Be Young is sourced from Costa Rica.
Rosemary Oil Benefits
- Skin. Antiseptic properties helpful with parasites, ringworm and scabies. Has been used with acne, blackheads, hair stimulant, dandruff control and as a skin tonic.
- Respiratory. Decongestant, expectorant, restorative, stimulant and general body tonic properties.
- Muscular/skeletal. Excellent sports rub. During exercise, it assists with blood flow, acting against the buildup of lactic acid after training. Helps with muscular stiffness, sprains and strains.
- Cardiovascular/lymphatic. Stimulates circulation, activates metabolism and assists the body with energy and vitality. Has been used to strengthen arterial flow, combat lethargy and elevate low blood pressure.
- Immune system. Strong anti-viral and antibacterial. Helps stimulate white blood cells to strengthen the immune system and assist in resisting infections.
- Emotional/energetic. Stimulates the central nervous system and aids mental clarity, memory recall, awareness, and creativity. Stimulating to the senses and has been used for apathy and gloom.
Rosemary Essential Oil Use
- Topical. Applied neat and diluted on the skin, depending on the application.
- Diffusion. Can be air diffused at intervals.
- Massage. Good massage oil for lower back, abdomen and feet for weary muscles.
- Other. Rosemary can be added to personal care items.
Do NOT use during pregnancy. Always test a small amount of any essential oil first for sensitivity or allergic reaction. If you are pregnant or have a medical condition, consult a physician (preferably one knowledgeable in holistic health and/or aromatherapy).
10mL bottle. Prices subject to change without notice.
Why Be Young Essential Oils
All Be Young essential oils are 100% pure, therapeutic quality, E.O.B.B.D. tested oils that are wild-crafted or organic sourced whenever possible. Their oils are NEVER diluted or extended, offering you more value and versatility. Be Young offers both member pricing (free to join) and retail pricing.
Note: This information is for educational purposes only, and it is not guaranteed to be complete.