Scientific Name: Ravensara aromatica
The people of Madagascar refer to ravensara as ‘the oil that heals’. This oil has a legacy of use as a potent yet gentle infection tonic. Because of is range of complementary constituents, ravensara oil tends to ‘sweeten’ or enhance the effects of other oils when used in therapeutic essential oil blends.
The constituents of ravensara oil make it ‘well balanced’ with varying properties. Eugenol (also found in clove) gives ravensara a strong antimicrobial activity and Cineole-1a provides support for viral challenges. The oil’s linalol content (also found in lavender) provides gentile, soothing and regenerative properties. A-pinine (also found in frankincense) provides emotional support and high limonine content is supportive of the gall bladder and detoxification.
Therapeutic ravensara essential oil (Ravensara aromatica) from Be Young is organic and from Madagascar. Note: Be Young ravensara essential oil is only made using the leaves, not the bark. Many sources of this oil mix the leaves and bark, which increases the liver toxicity.
Ravensara Oil Benefits
- Antiviral. Ravensara oil has been used for flu, chicken pox, shingles and respiratory infections and to clear sinus and breathing passages.
- Antiseptic, antibacterial. Broad spectrum antibacterial activity, especially against Staph bacteria. Found useful for puss-filled abscesses.
- Analgesic. Helpful with tight muscles, menstrual discomfort, and sore chest from viral infection.
- Antidepressant. Has been used as an antidepressant and for relief of stress, anxiety and fatigue.
- Antispasmodic. Can be helpful for whooping cough.
Ravensara Essential Oil Use
- Topical. Often used undiluted or neat on the skin.
- Diffusion. Ravensara’s emotional support properties are often enjoyed by air diffusing.
- Massage. A muscle relaxing massage oil.
- Other. Has been used as a milder alternative to clove oil for support of tooth health.
Do NOT use during pregnancy or on infants due to eugenol content. Best diluted to 25% for use on children. Always test a small amount of any essential oil first for sensitivity or allergic reaction. If you are pregnant or have a medical condition, consult a physician (preferably one knowledgeable in holistic health and/or aromatherapy).
10mL bottle. Prices subject to change without notice.
Why Be Young Essential Oils
All Be Young essential oils are 100% pure, therapeutic quality, E.O.B.B.D. tested oils that are wild-crafted or organic sourced whenever possible. Their oils are NEVER diluted or extended, offering you more value and versatility. Be Young offers both member pricing (free to join) and retail pricing.
Note: This information is for educational purposes only, and it is not guaranteed to be complete.