Scientific Name: Origanum vulgare
Oregano oil has a long history of use for controlling infections, dating back to the Greeks and Romans. It was also used in the 13th century in monasteries for chest disorders of all kinds.
The most active ingredient in wild oregano is carvacrol, a potent, natural compound with remarkable effects against bacteria, viruses, fungus and parasites.
Most oregano oils available in the U.S are actually made from non-oregano species (mostly thyme and marjoram). These mislabeled products lack the potent properties of true wild Oregano essential oil. Oregano oil is also very difficult to find in its true undiluted state.
Therapeutic oregano essential oil (Origanum vulgare) from Be Young is NOT diluted, and is wild-crafted and sourced from Turkey. Be Young’s wild oil of oregano contains up to 83% carvacrol. This oil MUST be diluted before using.
Oregano Oil Benefits
- Infection support. Many consider oregano oil to be the strongest broad-range essential oil for all types of bacterial and fungal infections. Strong antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic. Excellent for food poisoning, toe fungus, warts, boils, and creates a strong cleaner/disinfectant.
- Antispasmodic. Helpful for intestinal spasms, asthma, colds, bronchitis, congestion and coughing spells.
- Decongestant. Antihistamine and decongestant properties, supports the lungs.
- Anti-inflammatory. Assists with rheumatic and muscular pain and other forms of pain.
- Immune System. Very strong support of the immune system. Stronger than eucalyptus for supporting immune system health.
- Other. Beneficial for migraines, listlessness, chronic pain from muscle aches and joint pain.
Oregano Essential Oil Uses
- Topical. Do not add oil of oregano undiluted to the skin.
- Massage. A fragrant and soothing massage oil.
- Bath. Can be added to bath salts for bathing.
- Other. Oregano can be added to soaps and cleaners.
Oregano Oil Precautions
Oregano oil is very ‘hot’ and can irritate the skin and mucous membranes. Only used diluted with a carrier oil. Add more carrier oil if the oil is too hot. Not for use in children. Do not use during pregnancy. Must be highly diluted for most uses.
10mL bottle. Prices subject to change without notice.
Why Be Young Essential Oils
All Be Young essential oils are 100% pure, therapeutic quality, E.O.B.B.D. tested oils that are wild-crafted or organic sourced whenever possible. Their oils are NEVER diluted or extended, offering you more value and versatility. Be Young offers both member pricing (free to join) and retail pricing.
Note: This information is for educational purposes only, and it is not guaranteed to be complete.