Scientific Name: Citrus limon
Indigenous to China, Lemon was brought to the West by Arabian travelers who regarded it for its refreshing, cleansing and essential antioxidant qualities. Lemon oil has become popular in contemporary household products such as dish soap, cleaners and air fresheners.
This essential oil has a high content of vitamin A, B, and C and as such has been used historically in the ranks of military and pioneering people to fight off the common disease of scurvy.
Therapeutic lemon essential oil (Citrus limon) from Be Young is sourced from the zest of the lemon, from organic orchards in Italy.
Lemon Oil Benefits
- Skin. Lemon oil has been used for acne, to balance skin oil production, and soothes dry skin.
- Antiviral and antibacterial action. Lemon oil has been used on colds, coughs and flu. Helps prevent spread of contagious infections. Helps support a weakened immune system.
- Detoxification. Supports the body with phlegm removal and helps decongest. Stimulates the lymphatic system and helps decongest an overworked liver.
- Emotional. Helps restore emotional balance, stimulates the left brain and aids in concentration.
Lemon Essential Oil Use
- Topical. Use diluted in carrier oil or mixed in personal care products. Do not expose skin to sunlight (within 72 hours) as lemon and other citrus oils can cause sun burns.
- Diffusion. Can be air diffused throughout the day, helps clear air of bacteria and viruses.
- Bath. Can provide an invigorating bath (see precautions).
- Other. Can help cleanse home in cleaning products.
Do NOT apply undiluted or use on skin that will be exposed directly to sunlight within 72 hours. Always test a small amount of any essential oil first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
10mL bottle. Prices subject to change without notice.
Be Young Essential Oils
All Be Young essential oils are 100% pure, therapeutic quality, E.O.B.B.D. tested oils that are wild-crafted or organic sourced whenever possible. Their oils are NEVER diluted or extended, offering you more value and versatility. Be Young offers both member pricing (free to join) and retail pricing.
Note: This information is for educational purposes only, and it is not guaranteed to be complete.